Introducing Write Your Way to Your First $1k ™
A proven method to help new writers fast-track their way to success with freelance writing – no experience needed.
There are two ways to become a freelance writer
Do it alone. If you do it by yourself you’ll probably make a ton of mistakes – I did. Let me guess – you’ll probably waste time looking for jobs in the wrong places, stress over how to pitch and end up getting headaches over figuring out if you’re doing this right. After three months and no freelance writing job to show for it, you give up. Then you have a minor freak out.
Take a proven shortcut that sets you up for success. Write Your Way to Your First $1k is a step-by-step plan on becoming a profitable writer. You’ll get a framework to attract and find long-term clients.
In less than 2 months I landed more high-paying clients, became their #1 go-to writer, made my first $1,000 and more
You’re stuck at a job you hate.
You want something more but can’t connect the dots.
And you’re beyond frustrated that what you’ve been trying isn’t producing results. It’s just not working. No job, no income and all you get in return are a lack of confidence and realization that this is it. Just keep going to your day job and put your passion for writing on the shelf.
Not this time.
Taking this course will save you time
Everything you need to set up a successful freelance writing business that attracts high-paying clients is at your fingertips.
No more reading a ton of blog posts, signing up to free eBooks and email courses trying to hack together a freelance writing business.
Want to know how to write a pitch that converts? My pitch archive has 12 pitches + the current high-converting pitch I use to land clients.
Want to know the best job boards to find clients? Write Your Way to Your First $1k lists over 27 profitable job boards.
Want to know all the ways to find clients?
I have an entire module on finding clients, plus a highly resourceful list of 95+ ways to find clients.
Yup, a handy cheatsheet just for you!
(Plus email swipe copy, ready to use templates, tracking sheets and more…. just sayin’).
Taking this course will save you money
All you need is one course – ahem, this one – to learn how to set up your website and discover the tools and skills you need to land your first clients, and more.
Plus, this is your fast-track option with everything you need in one place. You don’t have to buy courses on pitching or courses on finding your niche or even courses on setting up a business.
Heck! I even teach you how to scale your business and diversify your income.
When you sign up to Write Your Way to Your First $1k here’s what you get:
- Lifetime access with all updates for free (I recently revamped the course with all new info)
- 7 self-paced modules (encompassing 50+ lessons)
- Video tech training on popular tools and best practices
- Specific exercises within each lesson to help stay on the right track to making your first $1k
- Ready-to-use templates, email swipe copy
- EVERYTHING you need to know to build a writer platform that makes clients come to you (including my Kickstart Copywriting guide and Landing Clients on Social Media resource)
- The exact method I used to make my first $1k
- And much more
MODULE 1: LAYING THE FOUNDATION
- Discover what to expect as a freelance writer and understand the skills you need to start off on the right track.
- Learn the costs to start freelance writing, how to find your profitable niche, what services to offer, creating goals and having that solopreneur mindset.
MODULE 2: BUILDING YOUR WRITER PLATFORM
- Learn the exact copy to increase your conversion rate (aka more gigs) on your writer website, create and optimize your social media profiles and start building a visual brand online.
MODULE 3: BUILDING YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Learn how to create and display your portfolio for maximum visibility.
- Find the key components to land a guest post, draft your author bio and format your blog posts to attract high-paying clients.
MODULE 4: FINDING WRITING CLIENTS
- Learn step-by-step how to find clients on job boards, social media, through cold pitching, locally, with boutique content marketing agencies and from unlikely ways.
- Yes, I tell you all ways to land clients, and you’ll get your handy 95+ ways to land client cheatsheet too.
MODULE 5: YOUR PITCH
- Learn the process to set your rate (so you can make a living out of this) and learn the skills and tools to pitch like a pro.
- You will also get access to my pitch archive full of swipe copy and templates you can use.
MODULE 6: YOUR FIRST $1K
- Dive deep into online writing for small businesses.
- You will get a breakdown of how to write a highly engaging, high-paying blog post for your clients.
- You will also learn (with video enhanced training too) how to format your post, submit your post, source and optimize images, upload posts to WordPress, create zip files, my 5-step editing process and how to annotate your images.
MODULE 7: YOUR FREELANCE BUSINESS
- Discover the elements of a successful freelance business.
- Learn how to have a great interview, tips to invoice your clients (so you always get paid), draft your service agreement, how to effectively communicate to clients, the tools to run your business and how to secure recurring work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a great writer to freelance write?
What’s your refund policy?
How long do I get access to the course materials? What does “lifetime” mean?
How much can I realistically make as a freelance writer?
It’s up to you how much you can potentially earn. I find the most successful writers have the skills to research and write (and are willing to keep learning), the marketing understanding to promote their business, and the perseverance to keep hustling.
Most (or all) of this can be learned. Before I started freelance writing, i knew absolutely nothing about writing or working online…like seriously nothing! I hadn’t written anything more complex than a grocery list in years.
As for income potential, you can earn as little as $25 a post, all the way up to to $1000 or more for a piece of content. I’d say $200-300 per blog post is a good range to shoot for once you have some experience, with certain niches like finance commanding higher rates. Rate is based on your niche as well as your marketing strategy (that I go into in the course).